Laughter really is the best medicine

I'm home from the Michigan Hearts at Home weekend and let me just tell you my meter is full!!! I cannot imagine how different my life would be if I did not have the opportunities I have been blessed with in attending Hearts conferences so often. At times I feel like a groupie! Actually, I'm just a huge fan of God's and since He shows up at every conference I feel doubly blessed to see His hands and feet at work in the lives of so many women.

This last weekend I was offered the gift of a deeper appreciation for my husband's ability to make me laugh. For those of you that know my story, you know laughter was not always alive in my childhood home. But God has more than made up for that in the gift of my husband. I'll be the first to admit I haven't always appreciated my husband's gift but this weekend God let me clearly see that He knew exactly what I needed and He sent me my wonderful husband who is not just the best looking man I've ever laid eyes on, he also makes my heart smile with his words and his antics. He's just so darn cute it in every way! I'm just sorry it's taken me 20 years to realize what a phenomenal gift he is to me!

I'm also doubly glad he's passed down this gift to our children. Josh and Lydia have always had the ability to make me laugh even in those moments when I wanted to be firm with them. God is right, laughter is the best medicine and it is alive and well in our home!!

If you have never attended a Hearts conference I strongly encourage you to do so. Every time I attend I am encouraged, affirmed, fed (chocolate included) and blessed! What more could a wife, mom, and woman ask for? Your opportunity is just around the corner. Check out the Hearts at Home website for details. I hope to see you in Minnesota!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

Final payment