Hearts at Home Spring 2008

I am always amazed at the passion and joy shared among God's children. This past weekend I attended and served at my second Hearts At Home National Conference. So many wonderful moms (and some dads too!) working together to bless and encourage other moms. It makes me imagine just how wonderful heaven will be. It also makes me think of the first churches found in Acts where the entire church community came together to meet the needs of every member.
I have been reading through the book of Acts and I was struck by a particular promise I had not realized before this week. I found examples of where the acceptance of salvation of one also brought forth the acceptance of salvation by his or her family members. In Acts 11:13-14 I read, "He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, 'Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter, he will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'” In Acts 16 there are two stories, one the story of Lydia and the other the story of a jail guard's conversion. Consider the promise Paul delivers to the jail guard in verse 31, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household." And the fulfillment of that promise in verse 34, "The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God—he and his whole family.'" I find this very encouraging because I believe this promise from God and have seen it fulfilled in my own family. I no longer hope that God will be faithful to His word and bring others in my family to Him, I know He will and in that truth I stand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

What kind of story are you telling with your life?