Twas the night before kindergarten...

I can barely believe Lydia is actually going to start Kindergarten...TOMORROW!

Am I ready? Yes, if you mean do I have her school supplies, new outfits, and all the paperwork filled out and turned in. No, if you are asking about mentally ready. I look at her and feel so protective. I'm not ready for her to begin the school years. I'm not ready for the myriad of life lessons she is going to learn. But I do know it is throughout these years that she will be maturing and preparing for life beyond our home and if I can't let go now and trust that she (and I) will be just fine then I will never be able to let go later.

I never really stopped to think about it before but tomorrow I will be cutting the first of many apron strings.

Scissors please...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

What kind of story are you telling with your life?