Hooked on Hearts at Home!

Never could I have imagined how completely exhausted yet joyous I would be after attending my very first Hearts at Home conference. When my friend Jill said I should go I was really not sure. You see I work full time outside of the home and I was concerned that I was taking another mom's seat. A mom who was meant to be at the conference. After all, I reasoned, the conference was built for moms who are in the profession of motherhood and I didn't think that was me.

How wrong I was! I was completely amazed by the day! I was incredibly challenged and fulfilled. Never had I cried and laughed so much, sometimes at the same time! The speakers helped me to assess where I was in the profession of motherhood, forced me to rethink how I was approaching my marriage, challenged me to look in the mirror (let me tell you I was a makeover waiting to happen) and lovingly encouraged me to honestly evaluate my own personal and spiritual growth. Yes all of that in one very full day!

I have been going to conferences for years to focus on my other professions as a former stylist and business owner and as a consultant for a Fortune 50 company and I always leave them feeling as if they adequately prepared me for those roles. But until I experienced Hearts I had no idea just how much preparedness I was missing out on in my greatest roles as a wife and a mother. I love meeting so many great authors, speakers and artists during the conference, gathering many resources such as books and CDs at the conference and then knowing I can visit the Hearts website following the conference to hold me over until I can attend the next one.

I admit I'm hooked! I cannot imagine ever letting a year go by without attending the conference. In fact, I was so excited about the professionalism of the individuals that ran the conference that when the opportunity arose for me to join the organization as a member of the Board of Directors I more than happily accepted. And let me tell you the operation is run behind the scenes as exceptionally and with as much heartfelt encouragement as I witnessed during the conference. The moms (and dads) that work diligently to encourage other moms are just amazing individuals and I feel very privileged to serve among them.

So I ask you. What are you waiting for? I know you can use encouragement. I know you would love to be inspired in ways you never thought possible. I challenge you to try it at least once and tell me you don't want to go again, and again and again. Well guess what? It's not too late! There are two conferences yet this year, one in Michigan in October (only two weeks away) and one in Minnesota in November. A third conference will also be held in Illinois next March. Make plans with your friends to come and join me. I'd love to see you at one of these conferences and introduce you to some of my new friends. You will never know you are missing out on the best kept secret for moms until you come and experience it for yourself.Here are the specific dates and locations for the upcoming conferences:

October 3-4, 2008 Grand Rapids, Michigan
November 7-8, 2008 Rochester, Minnesota
March 13-14, 2009 Bloomington, Illinois

If you don’t live close enough to drive to a conference, and hopping on a plane isn’t an option, you can also order a Home Conference Packet which gives you the conference via CD.In the interim check out the Hearts at Home website today to find out all that Hearts at Home has to offer you!

And please, respond to my post and let me know if you think you might be able to join me so I know to watch for you. And should you get there without telling me be sure to stop by Jill Savage's resource table (which is where you should be able to find me) so we can catch up! I would be incredibly blessed to see you at a conference this fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

What kind of story are you telling with your life?