Reflections


Reflections. A word that brings with it various thoughts and emotions.


I enjoy reflecting on life especially as I think about great past memories of good times spent with family, friends or even alone.

I love reflections in mirrors that capture specific moments in time such as getting ready for a special event or catching a glimpse of myself holding my child snuggled close to me.

But sometimes reflections can get out of focus. Those moments when I can catch myself spending more time keeping my eyes on where I've been rather than where I am heading.


Other times I catch myself spending way too much time harboring thoughts of disappointment about what I think I look like in the reflection. It is then that I must turn my thoughts to my favorite reflection, the opportunity every day to show the love and beauty of Christ to others. Just knowing that I am His reflection is humbling and gratifying. Humbling because I know I always have room for improvement but gratifying as I know He uses me even when I am unaware.


Is your focus clear or cloudy today? Are you thinking about the moment you are in or are you spending too much time dwelling in the past or worrying about the future?


What do you see in the mirror? Are you focusing too much on your external beauty rather than the beauty of Christ within you?

What are you reflecting? Let it be the love of Christ.


"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." I Corinthians 13:12 (NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

Final payment