Hearts at Home Blog Hop: How are you like/different than your mom?

Heart's at Home's Third Thursday Blog Hop is asking the following questions. How are you like your mom? How are you different from your mom?

My mom is one of my best friends.  I look forward to talking with her every day and am blessed to have her so close. But as much as we enjoy spending time with each other we aren't exactly the same.

We are alike in the following ways:
  • We both love to read, especially a good mystery or books that inspire our faith.
  • We love to travel although I prefer to fly and she would much rather drive.
  • We love to serve in our communities and church.  She has served on several Boards and is currently serving with two different outreach programs. I currently serve on Hearts at Home's Board of Directors.
  • We love being moms! (She also loves being a grandma!)
There are a few ways we are different.
  • She is an introvert and I am an extrovert.  
  • She loves to cook (and she is amazing!) and I have an aversion to the kitchen.
  • She has a type A personality and I am very type B.
  • She has a keen eye for decorating and I, lets just say I should hire her.
I am who I am today in a big way because of my mom.  She inspires me to put my all into what I do.  She supports me whether I am trying something new or giving up and moving on.  I used to think she was Superwoman, now I know she's a wife and mom just like me trying to do our best for our family, seeking grace when we fall short.  

I am very thankful to have a mom like mine.  She inspires me every day.
(P.S. She's probably crying a little after reading this.  It's another way which we are different and another reason I love her so.)

I love you mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

What kind of story are you telling with your life?