Beautiful Birthday Girl

I still remember the day my heart longed to have a child of my own.  The day I begged God to some how, some way, show favor on me with a child.

Fourteen years later I gave birth to God's answer to my prayer.

Today Lydia turns 9!

Each passing year tugs at my heart.  

I delight in watching her grow into a beautiful young girl, while at the same time I'm incredibly aware of how few the years are between today and the moment she'll spread out her wings.

To know Lydia, to soak in her sweet beauty, look into her brilliant eyes, or receive a smile surrounded by adorable dimples is to see the handiwork of God.  She makes me laugh (often), she's the first to notice if someone needs help, she's also witty and loves a good practical joke.

She is a graceful dancer, loves fashion, enjoys cooking, and would own a cheetah if that was allowed. She loves to hang out at home, watch movies, eat ice cream or anything dark chocolate, and pray.

Lydia is a gift enjoyed every day.

Happy birthday Lydia!  You, my precious gift, are much loved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

Batteries Charged!