Sanctuary

A sanctuary is a place of refuge, a nature reserve, a holy place1

Lately I have sought sanctuary.  I have found a portion of it in a little park near where I work.  However, the sanctuary I seek is not found in a place.  Rather, it is my wholehearted desire to meet with Jesus.  I seek Him in the park, I seek Him when I rise in the morning, as I go through my day, and as I lie down at night.

It’s not only a place of refuge but one of relationship.

How my soul responds to these words:
“Everyone who confesses that Jesus is God's Son participates continuously in an intimate relationship with God.” 1 John 4:13 (Message)

I am seeking a continual relationship with Jesus, the One who knows me better than anyone else.

Have you walked with Him lately?  Have you sought His intimate relationship? 

Go now for He is waiting for you.

_______________
1 Dictionary.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

What kind of story are you telling with your life?