Grumbling to Gratefulness

One of the things I have struggled with lately is my attitude at work. Some of my grumbling stems from the work itself but more so how I sense a lack of respect for who I am by those assigning me the tasks.  

I have been asking God to help me with my heart condition.  I know I am to do the work as Christ did, as a servant with a glad heart, as if "unto Christ." I have tried to respond in gratefulness while inside I wrestled with my seething pride.

Then, just this morning my good friend, Melissa Milbourn sent me the following scriptures.

Psalm 37:6-7 “He’ll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon. Quiet down before God, be prayerful before him. Don’t bother with those who climb the ladder, who elbow their way to the top.” (MSG)

Luke 14:11 "For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." (NLT)

1 Peter 5:6 “So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time.” (MSG)

So I grabbed ahold of these verses and chose to focus on how God might use a gracious and willing attitude to serve others in my workplace rather than harboring airs about how I'm being disrespected. I'm choosing to model after Jesus who, as Melissa also so graciously pointed out, "washed the disciples feet."

I'm forcing myself to turn my grumbling into gratefulness.  My resentment into rejoicing. It hasn't been easy. No not at all.  And I will likely stumble a few more times before I am able to fully replace my fleshly response with His gracious one.  Yet, I am committed to continue on because well, it's the right thing to do.

How about you?  Have you caught yourself grumbling lately?

Committ today to changing your grumbling to gratefulness. Together, we'll be in good company.

Comments

  1. I still grumble. just sayin'. ha. but I'm not where I used to be. :)

    Thankful for His grace. For His lessons. For His love.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

What kind of story are you telling with your life?