Forget not all His benefits

Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s
(Psalm 103:2-5 NIV)

I’m in the process of coming off some medication that was intended to rid me of migraines yet did not produce the results intended. I’m finding I’m going to miss one of the medicines side-effects—the way my taste buds delight in fruits and vegetables.  Honestly, the way the medicine caused me to take pleasure in these little delectables makes some in my presence feel, well . . . a bit uncomfortable.  Yes, I admit, I sometimes, uncontrollably, moan in expressive response to the explosion of fruit or vegetables entering my mouth as if I had never tasted a blueberry so deliriously delightful or known a carrot to be so immensely tasteful.  If you only knew how good you'd be signing up.  Just sayin.
I may have been eating more vegetables, a benefit to being on the medicine, yet, there were many other drawbacks that have not been good for me.  My hands and feet go numb quite often.  I lost a good portion of my cognitive ability, slowing down my speech, making it difficult for me to come up with every day words even if I just used them, and making work and college even more difficult. My brain is foggy most of the time and I am tired often which makes it difficult to want to do much when I want to be more active.  

As I decrease the medicine and the fog lifts from my brain I am more aware of how glad I am to be leaving the medicine behind.  Today I sat down to enjoy a salad and bereave how in a few more days, without the medicine, the fruits and vegetables will not taste near as good.  I wondered how I could learn to enjoy, to remember, the tastes. I wanted to have the benefit of the taste without the medicine. 
“Forget not all His benefits” penetrated my thoughts.

“Yes Lord,” my heart cried out. “I need to remind myself of all your benefits.”  Daily. Hourly even.
He forgives my sins.  He heals my diseases. He redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion. He satisfies my desires with good things.

He does the same for you.
What benefit do you need today? Lift it up to Him and be reminded of all His benefits.

I’m lifting up my needs with yours with a thankful heart and taste buds ready to be satisfied in Him. Praying you’ll join me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing For Success

A Thin Place For Me - Now I See

What kind of story are you telling with your life?